- Aug 9, 2004
Mergi cam departe cu paranoia, Quark
* Added seperate Create Disc function with following improvements
o buffer level display, both graphically and numerically
o CPU usage display, both graphically and numerically
* Added option to set priority
* Added options button on main screen
* Greatly improved image burning engine
* Added menu shortcuts for burning image file
* Improved erase function
* Disc Quality Test
o Added 1x, 2x, 4x, 6x CLV and 8x P-CAV speed settings for BenQ drives.
o Enabled support for Pioneer drives
* Small improvements and bug fixes
C:\Program Files\Opera\profile\opera6.iniOriginally posted by Quark
Azi am avut neplacuta surpriza sa fiu anuntat de catre Opera 8.53 (fara a fi solicitat acest lucru) ca a aparut o noua versiune... Cum sunt total impotriva ideii ca softul face ce vrea el si nu ce vrei tu, am cautat "botonul" care dezactiveaza optiunea de "check for new version at startup". Lipsa. Mrrrr...
+) Supports UDF DVD images, can add/extract files above 4GB large (up to 200GB)
+) Can create bootable UDF images (such as bootable DVD of Windows Vista)
+) Can mount ISO image to virtual CD/DVD drives of Daemon-Tools 4.x and Alcohol 120% 188.8.131.5223
+) Can change disc label of ISO images with UDF volume
+) Can extract files from audio CD images by command-line
+) New command-line parameters for creating/verifying ISO checksums
*) Improved RockRidge volume support
*) Fixed a bug with extracting files from DVD image of MSDN Subscriptions Library, May 2006 Edition
*) Fixed a bug with opening some BWT/BWI/BWS images
*) Some minor improvements and bug fixes
Scuzat sa-mi fie offtopicul.OK, most of you are wondering if the BitComet ban will be lifted here, and the answer is no, and it will most likely never be unbanned here.
Most of you think BitComet is "faster" than other clients, but what u don't know is the reason why.
The reason why is because of its countless "cheating like" characteristics, for example:
* it hamers the tracker, and pays no attention to the tracker when it tells the client how long to wait before re-announce.
* when it gets snubed by another peer (basically meaning the peer refuses to give the BC client any upload because it has not been given any download from the BC client, the BC client then disconnects up to 10+ times per second to that client in an attempt to get unsnubed.
* It has no (working) upload slot limit, so it makes the upload bandwith so streached out that each peer only gets a few 100 bytes per second or less.
* The new encrypt header feature in BC 0.60 gave it a very unfair advantage and would basically prefer itself over uploading to other types of clients. (afaik, uTorrent is working on a similar feature, but will be making it public information, so that all other clients can implement it if their authours wish to; this is the only real way for this to be effective)
* If you request too many pieces from it (something around 100? or so), it drops ALL your requests.
* It also abuses super-seeding by disconnecting and reconnecting to get a slot, and basically monopolize the super-seeder's bandwidth.
* It has an abusive multi-tracker implementation (announces to all trackers in all tier always).
* It also does stupid things when making torrents (such as not use UTF-8 as the encoding for chinese, japanese, and korean users that make torrents)
The truth of the matter is, BitComet is faster, because it makes ALL other clients slow by the reasons i listed and more; the whole BitTorrent community would be a lot better off if everyone banned BitComet.