* Resume playback for viewing content over FTP
* Fixed XShm detection with remote X11
* Subtitle demuxers overflow (CVE-2007-6681)
* HTTP listener format string injection (CVE-2007-6682)
* Fixed buffer overflow in the SDL_image library (CVE-2006-4484)
* Real RTSP overflows (CVE-2008-0225, CVE-2008-0295, CVE-2008-0296, VideoLAN-SA-0801)
* Arbitrary memory overwrite in the MP4 demuxer (CORE-2008-0130, VideoLAN-SA-0802)
* Fixed DTS to S/PDIF converter
* Fixed 5.1 audio on ALSA
* Fixed some RTSP hanging and user/password passing through RTSP URLs
* Fixed waiting for SPS/PPS problem in H.264 packetizer
* Improved compatibility for creating H.264 video files playable on iPhones
* Improved detection of optimal amount of threads for multi-threaded H.264 encoding on multi-cpu systems
- Note that this is used when transcode threads is set to 0 (default)
- Not supported on Windows (multiple threads require manual configuration)
Mac OS X Interface & Port:
* Restored compatibility with Mac OS X 10.3.9
* Corrected behavior of the Preferences panel
* VLC no longer crashes on quit while playing
* Updated Romanian and Polish translations
- Updated Index.dat cleaning in Vista.
- File scanning performance increase on NTFS drives.
- Improved exception handling methods.
- Fixed IE cache folder location bug.
- Uninstaller tool now exports foreign languages correctly.
- Fixed bug where IE temp files could be incorrectly listed.
- Performance improvements to secure deletion.
- Tweaks to Uninstall tool detection.
- Minor GUI changes.
- Minor bug fixes.
.-Full Vista support
-Protection for Netscape
-Protection for Seamonkey
-Protection for Flock
-A brand-new user interface
-Various feature and protection enhancements
-Further optimizations to every part of the program
-And lots of other bug fixes and requested tweaks
Improvements to new Default User Interface:
o New built-in Media Library Search dialog, with advanced autoplaylist creation features.
o Configurable left/center/right alignment of custom columns in Playlist View.
o Usability: switching layouts now flashes labels to reduce user confusion.
o Ability to customize toolbar buttons.
*New: Warning popup when trying to close foobar2000 while tasks such as conversion or ReplayGain scan are active.
*Various UI responsivity improvements and speed optimizations; much faster Album List refresh with large libraries.
*Usability: positions of various dialogs are now remembered, relative to their parent windows.
*Properties dialog: “Tools” button, “Automatically Fill Values” can now use clipboard as source.
*Converter clean-ups, ability to manually edit commandline encoder executable paths through Advanced Preferences.
*WMA handling bug fixes, ability to store arbitrary metadata fields in WMA tags.
*ID3v2 tagging compatibility improvements.
*Various bug fixes.
o Added support for offline messages for AIM accounts (thanks to Matthew Goldstein)
o Fixed various problems with loss of status messages when going or returning from idle on MySpaceIM.
o Eliminated unmaintained Howl backend implementation for the Bonjour protocol. Avahi (or Apple's Bonjour runtime on win32) is now required to use Bonjour.
o Partial support for viewing ICQ status notes (Collin from ComBOTS GmbH).
o Support for /notice on IRC.
o Support for Yahoo! Messenger 7.0+ file transfer method (Thanumalayan S.)
o Support for retrieving full names and addresses from the address book on Yahoo! Japan (Yusuke Odate)
o The AIM/ICQ server-side preference for "allow others to see me as idle" is no longer unconditionally set to "yes" even when your libpurple preference is "no."
o Fix SSL certificate checks for renewed certificates
o Fix the ability to set vCard buddy icons on Google Talk/XMPP
o D-Bus fixes on 64bit
o Fixed retrieval of buddy icons and setting of server-side aliases on Yahoo! and Yahoo! Japan when using an HTTP proxy server (Gideon N. Guillen)
o Fixed an MSN bug that would leave you appearing offline when transferred to different server
o Input text area in conversation windows auto-resizes to fit more lines (up to a maximum of 4 lines)
o Added the ability to theme conversation name colors (red and blue) through your GTK+ theme, and exposed those theme settings to the Pidgin GTK+ Theme Control plugin (Dustin Howett)
o Fixed having multiple alias edit areas in the infopane (Elliott Sales de Andrade)
o Save the conversation "Enable Logging" option per-contact (Moos Heintzen)
o Typing notifications are now shown in the conversation area
o Color is used in the buddylist to indicate status, and the conversation window to indicate various message attributes. Look at the sample gntrc file in the man page for details.
o The default keybinding for dump-screen is now M-D and uses a file request dialog. M-d will properly delete-forward-word, and M-f has been fixed to imitate readline's behavior.
o New bindings alt+tab and alt+shift+tab to help navigating between the higlighted windows (details on the man page).
o Recently signed on (or off) buddies blink in the buddy list.
o New action 'Room List' in the action list can be used to get the list of available chat rooms for an online account.
o The 'Grouping' plugin can be used for alternate grouping in the buddylist. The current options are 'Group Online/Offline' and 'No Group'.
o Added a log viewer
o Added the ability to block/unblock buddies - see the buddy context menu and the menu for the buddy list.
o Fixed a bug preventing finch working on x86_64
- Ability to show unicode tooltips
- Improved uPnP handling for various routers
- Status menu width fix
- ICQ: Use new offline messaging protocol (supports unicode)
- ICQ: Ability to send/receive contacts to/from ICQ6 and AIM
- ICQ: Ability to view/set ICQ6 compatible custom statuses (icons only)
- ICQ: Reinvented known spam bot blocking
- Jabber: Group chat jid list filters implemented
- MSN: Added WLM 9 detection
- MSN: Added ability to receive GIF avatars
- MSN: Added custom smiley reception
- MSN: Added avatar display for the contact that is yourself
- MSN: Added error messages on failure to find / store avatar
- Fixed HTTP processing
- Fixed crashes in multiple conditions
- ICQ: Fixed receiving of multi-part messages (only first part was received)
- ICQ: Fixed connection problems with many contacts in the server-list
- ICQ: Do not lose server-list contacts due to too long nicknames/comments
- ICQ: Fixed possible crash during file transfer
- Jabber: Crash on group chat join from service discovery
- Jabber: Memory leak fixes in dialogs
- Jabber: Client version was wrongly updated when sending message to an offline contact
- MSN: Offline messaging for people with long nicknames
- MSN: Disconnect when receive Hotmail notification
- MSN: Inability to login with error 923
- MSN: Fixed disconnect / inability to login due to sending corrupted messages
- MSN: Fixed for nudge sending / receiving
- MSN: Fixed moving contact to root
- Added Startup tool enable/disable checkbox.
- Fixed problem with Vista "low" folders being removed.
- Improved index.dat detection on multiple scans.
- Secure deletion improved with IE History index.dat files.
- Added OS detection to INI files.
- Added Vista Thumbnail Cache cleaning.
- Added ImgBurn cleaning.
- Added Secure deletion to "Recent Documents" cleaning.
- Improved Vista "Recent Documents" cleaning.
- Fixed bug with Chkdsk chk files not being removed.
- Added "Select all" checkbox to header of Registry cleaner.
- Added sorting to Startup tool listview.
- Fixed Vista 64 issue with Startup tool.
- Added Croatian translation.
- Minor tweaks and GUI improvements.
*New: Startup notification when a component is known not to cooperate correctly with this version of foobar2000.
*New: “Library Viewer Selection” playlist, compatible with Album List and Media Library Search.
*New title formatting functions: $stripprefix(), $swapprefix(), $year(), $month(), $day_of_month(), $date(), $time().
*New extensions to the search query syntax.
*Album List: faster refresh when using the built-in search box.
*ReplayGain scanner: applying ReplayGain to MP3 data no longer chokes on noncompliant ID3v2 tags with false MPEG sync words
*ReplayGain scanner: new services allowing third-party components to perform ReplayGain analysis.
*No longer compatible with components using metadb_display_hook API.
*Changed component DLL loading logic - only “components” subdirectory along with its subdirectories is processed if it exists.
*Playback queue index is now displayed in the “Playing” column of Default UI / Playlist View; it can be also accessed using %queue_index%.
-Mozilla Firefox 3 support
-Fixed problems updating in some instances
-Fixed errors on load
-Fixed errors when attempting to enable/disable Firefox protection
-Fixed hang on some Vista machines when trying to update
-Fixed improper detection of AutoUpdate enabled status on some Vista machines
-Fixed occasional error with AutoUpdate on limited user accounts on Windows XP
-Many additional small bug fixes and tweaks