Google PackOver the weekend, Google quietly added Sun's StarOffice productivity suite -- the software that became OpenOffice.org and is now based upon it -- to Google Pack. The free collection of applications for Windows now numbers 13, and features other programs such as Skype, RealPlayer, Adobe Reader and Spyware Doctor.
Typically, a new product being added to Google Pack wouldn't warrant much interest (especially since the first 12 were available for free previously), but StarOffice normally costs $70, and the move could be seen as a challenge to the dominance of Microsoft Office. It's also a sign that Google isn't interested in building or branding its own offline office suite, as was rumored back in 2005.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarOfficeStarOffice supports the XML file format, including (as of StarOffice 8) the OpenDocument standard, and can generate PDF and Flash formats. The program comes with templates, a macro recorder, and a Software Development Kit (SDK).
Proprietary components in StarOffice that are not in OpenOffice.org include:
There are also differences in the documentation, training and support options, and some minor differences in the look and icons between the two programs.
- Several font metric compatible Unicode TrueType fonts containing bitmap representations for better appearance at smaller font sizes
- 12 Western fonts (including Andale Sans, Arial Narrow, Arial Black, Broadway, Garamond, Imprint MT Shadow, Kidprint, Palace Script, Sheffield) and 7 Asian language fonts (including support for the Hong Kong Supplementary character set)
- Adabas D database
- StarOffice-only templates and sample documents
- A large clip art gallery
- Sorting functionality for Asian versions
- File filters for additional older wordprocessing formats (including EBCDIC)
- A different spell checker (note that OpenOffice.org does include a spell checker as well) and thesaurus
- StarOffice Configuration Manager
- Macro Converter for converting Microsoft Office VBA-macros to StarBasic
CCleaner 2.00.475 BetaStability
* Fixed four crash bugs found using Mozilla's jsfunfuzz tool.
* Fixed a stability issue with Speed Dial.
* Scrolling problem with some Microsoft mice fixed on Windows Vista.
foobar2000 0.9.4.4. Changelog:Changes
* Disc Quality Test: added support for blu-ray testing with Mediatek based drives
* Added preliminary support for HD DVD-RW SL/DL
* Small improvements and bug fixes
Exact Audio Copy V0.99 prebeta 3* Security update: updated Vorbis libraries to 1.2.0
* Fixed a bug in title formatting / $caps2()
* Fixed drag&drop bugs
* Fixed playlist file format detection over mime types
Mi-am instalat şi eu marele software, numai de curiozitate. Dat fiind că majoritatea pdf-urilor eu le citesc în browser, eram curios să văd dacă ştie să arate doar fragmente. Un *****! A stat până ce a descărcat tot fişierul. Mulţam fain, dar asta ştia şi AR acum 10 ani. Uninstalled.Sa stii ca asa e. Acum nici nu-l am instalat, insa cand il instalez deschid pdf-urile cu acrobat doar daca am de modificat ceva, altfel folosesc Foxit pentru ca le deschide instantaneu. Long live Foxit Reader!
Total Commander 7.02- Change: Returned to listview for addtorrent dialog
- Change: Always activate other instances of uTorrent, even if they were started with /HIDE or /MINIMIZE
- Change: do not let missing or unwanted pieces prevent endgame
- Change: improve compatability with Mainline DHT
- Change: DHT port message implementation
- Fix: Tentative fix for "Proxy for peer-to-peer connections" functionality if disabled
- Fix: Divide-by-zero crash in statistics
- Fix: Smarter guessing of whether to replace run on startup registry key in case user wants to modify it
- Fix: Hang when deleting files
- Fix: sending in cookie with rss feed item requests
- Fixes a few bugs only detected after the v7.01 public release
- Fixes a security hole in the FTP client
- Fix: crash bug in Mainline DHT compatibility
- New application icon
- Fix support for servers sending directory listing in yet another exotic format
- Fix prefix search in list controls on wxGTK
- Work around problem with wxSpinCtrl in site manager on wxGTK
- Fix assertion on wxGTK if listing extensionless files