The key innovation of Mandriva Linux 2007 is the spectacular AIGLX and Xgl 3D-accelerated desktop. Mandriva is the only distribution to provide both technologies and is particularly happy to have achieved this major breakthrough in desktop appearance. In addition, a new theme named Ia Ora ("hello" in French Polynesian) has been introduced.
Mandriva developed Invictus Firewall - this feature is available in Powerpack+ 2007 - a high-availability redundant firewall cluster system. To match everyone's needs, Mandriva Linux 2007 includes the latest innovations in the fields of office suite applications, Internet, multimedia and the new virtualization and 3D-accelerated desktop technologies.
Mai multe in Changelog.Qt 4.2 introduces many new features as well as many improvements and bugfixes over the 4.1.x series.
The Qt version 4.2 series is binary compatible with the 4.1.x series. Applications compiled for 4.1 will continue to run with 4.2.
Come and see all the bug fixing, all the new translations and all the updated documentation brought to you by the wonderful team of GNOME contributors!
:rulz:Significant enhancements include:
* Version 0.12.3 of Kopete replaces 0.11.3 in KDE 3.5.5, it includes support for Adium themes, performance improvements and better support for the Yahoo! and Jabber protocols.
* Support for sudo in kdesu.
* Support for input shape from XShape1.1 in KWin (KDE window manager).
* Lots of speed improvements and fixes in Konqueror's HTML engine, KHTML.
* CUPS 1.2 support in KDEPrint.
* Big improvements in the number of translated interface elements in Chinese Traditional, Farsi, Khmer, Low Saxon and Slovak translations.
Kernel 184.108.40.206This release is mostly a feature release of Krita and Kexi, but also contains major enhancements to the OpenDocument and MathML support of KFormula and new scripting functionality. This version also contains a vastly improved version of KPlato, our project planning application.
Known Issues - Linux
- Full-screen mode is not available for the Linux player yet. This feature will be implemented for the final release.
- SSL support is not available in the Linux Standalone Player. This feature will be implemented for the final release.
- Express Install is an unsupported feature due to the variety of Linux platforms, each handling the Adobe Flash Player plug-in installation in different ways.
- The plugin does not currently work in Opera browsers. We are working with Opera on these issues.
- Artifacts may appear when video initially plays.
- System fonts may appear differently between Linux distributions. Formatting issues may result.
- AMF3 connections do not work over RTMP. (186958)
- Right clicking outside of Flash Player while the context menu is displayed doesn't make the context menu disappear. Workaround: Left-click to turn off the context menu. (187957)
- IME is not available (no international text input). (184489)
- Acrobat Connect Add-In installation is not working at this time. (188318)
- The Standalone Player is available in English only. (184237)
Versiunea finală e programată pentru 26 octombrie.We consider this release candidate to be complete, stable and suitable
for testing by any user.
LE: Au apărut şi versiunile "Live-Spin".The Fedora Project is pleased to announce the release of Fedora Core 6 (Zod). Install-time access to third-party package repositories, extensive performance improvements, support for Intel-based Macs, and a new GUI virtualization manager are some of the primary features. Additionally, Fedora Core 6 provides various improvements on the desktop, including a new default font and theme, the latest releases of GNOME and KDE, and additional options in window managers.
Full list of changesKVM, PS3 support, UDP-lite support, better per-process IO accounting, relative atime, relocatable x86 kernel, some x86 microoptimizations, lockless radix-tree readside, shared pagetables for hugetbl and many other things
Sabayon Linux 3.26: home, download, review. Iar versiunea 3.3 e pe drum: Sabayon Linux 3.3: Almost there...The fact that things work out of the box will be welcomed to many new users. Most anything you need to do can be done immediately after installing. Ripping DVDs or Audio CD's, re-encoding a FLAC file to an MP3 with soundKonverter, updating your spreadsheets, playing with Google Earth or even using NX, Tor or the other many programs installed. No other distro comes close (to my knowledge) of the sheer amount of potential after initial install.