Filme, seriale, actori, popcorn

Spider Man Far from Home este chiar bun. Nicio surpriză acolo. Toate surprizele au fost în scenariu :biggrin:

Am fost aseară la cinema la... The Matrix. Ecranizarea aniversară de 20 de ani.

Încă se ține binișor filmul după 20 de ani. Deși pe marele ecran se cam văd anumite chestii cum că-s CGI. Dar nu prea contează. Chiar deloc my

661d8849923b5ec9fa67d828b06f0b3f.jpg

Despre "Toy Story 4" (2019), cu spoilere, în engleză.
  • Very realistic graphics and physics. Total immersion.
  • I liked the attention to details when Bonnie (the main girl character) picks up her backpack, she also moves a book. A lot of small details like this in the movie. Generally, in cartoons, on the image, there's the background and there are the main characters. The background is just there to be ignored. Here, sometimes things in the background matter.
  • At some point, Bonnie is called to eat some food, but is warned to wash her hands first. At some point, another warning, to use sunscreen. I liked this part, with educational tips & tricks.
  • "Listen to your inner voice" - this is one main element in the movie. If you approach this as "trust yourself", I agree. If you view this suggestion as "listen to your first instincts", I disagree with it.
  • Things which are opposed in the movie:
    • Old habits of Woody vs. a big change in his life.
    • Disgust (garbage toy made of elements from the trash can, very realistical graphics, with sometime not-so-good-looking things, flashing neon, and so on) versus pleasure (beautiful graphics, images with the sky, clouds, fireworks, chandelier).
    • A range of emotions, laughter, romance, sadness, suspense, thrill, envy and so on. You are taken through a lot of emotions in the movie.
    • A balance between clichés (things work out as you expect, physics and so on) and surprise, you are amazed by somethings, didn't see that coming and so on.
  • A lot of time, you see toys (mostly, but also other elements moved by the toys) and the people not once look at the objects in their new positions and say "Hmm, the object X has moved, I don't remember it being here 30 seconds ago". It's a very nice game, I really liked it. As a viewer, you always look out for the change "what's going to happen when they see object X having being moved", but this never happens. But you think about it, and await a response, and the game is fine.
  • "It's not like in commercials". Really enjoyed this. Brings realism into the movie.
  • Some toys are scary-looking (the Bensons) or disgusting (garbage toys) or old-fashioned and envious and angry (Gabby Gabby). In the movies, you can generally estimate "oh, this is a bad character because they've made it ugly/angry/displeasing". Here, some toys adapt (Gabby Gabby turns good), grow (garbage toys evolve), or get on the good side, but also get ignored (the Bensons). In most movies, a bad character, once recognized by some external features, remains the same throughout the movie. Here, it changes.
  • I liked the retro toy (Gabby Gabby) and the classic look of the Bensons.
  • The police are either men (one person) or women (two officers). "What, women can't do X job?". I guess that's fine, I don't think it should come on purpose, I would do this naturally, not on purpose ("let's make character X a woman").
  • About saving everybody - some characters accept their fate (Bo Peep), others start a new life as a toy of children, others start a new life by helping others (Bunny, Ducky), others are ignored in the end (the people from the club inside the antique shop). While I appreciate Disney's/Pixar's wish to save everybody, I think a valuable lesson is that you just can't do this. Too many. Focus on the main issues. I like that.
  • The supernatural in the movie is all about the toys. Their ability to talk, their ability to be invisible to humans, while still interfering with their life, their overall impact on the course of action. Here, "magic" is about the main characters, which are the toys. Keep focus. :smile: I like that!
  • The most important factors in deciding the future fate of the toys in this movie are just two: Bonnie's love for her toys, and Bo Peeps relation(ship?) with Woody.
  • I like the photo at the end of this article, where children make a world out of their toys.
  • Overall, I perceived the movie mostly on a cognitive, not an emotional level. Inside Out (2015) touched me emotionally, some other cartoon where fun to watch, this was a very smart movie, but I didn't consider it very touching. Disney/Pixar surely tried a lot to bring emotions in the movie, but I didn't feel it that much.
  • At the cinema, pretty much no one stays after the credits start rolling, I would have stayed in the room just after the credits finish, but I'm generally the only one doing so.
  • There are some movies which are either highly emotional, or I just enjoy seeing them a lot. This movie didn't fit any category.
  • I've seen the movie with Romanian voices, not the original voices. I've watched two trailers of the movie after seeing it at the cinema and I didn't feel I missed much by not having the original voices. But I would have preferred the original voices of the actors.
  • Final conclusion: smart movie, well done, worth watching, but not rewatching, and while a good movie, not a great one.

Ca de obicei late to the party. Fargo. Tocma ce-am terminat sezonul 1. Misto.
Sper ca si urmatoarele doua sezoane sa fie cam tot asa.

Banshee. Am citit undeva o recomandare, m-am apucat sa il vad, e ok pana acum dar nu am reusit sa vad decat 5 episoade din motive ce nu tin de film.

Am zis să văd și eu niște SF-uri moderne și bune. :huh: M-am dus pe IMDB și am ales din top 250 cu rating cât mai mare. Interstellar și Guardians of the gallaxy. Interstellar devine interesant nițel la urmă, dar din știință o dă-n cronica Akasha, iar celălat... un raton vorbitor? Mai bine îl puneau pe Shrek. N-am văzut porcării mai mari în materie, de la Flash Gordon încoace. :facepalm: Pe bune, ce să văd și eu și să fie Film SF digerabil? Ca fan al seriilor Star Trek și Star Wars, sunt la zi, deci nu dintre acestea... poate altceva? Oricum, Star Wars a luat-o pe arătură, păcat că la StarTrek s-au oprit, erau drăguțe noile lung metraje.

Am zis să văd și eu niște SF-uri moderne și bune. :huh: M-am dus pe IMDB și am ales din top 250 cu rating cât mai mare. Interstellar și Guardians of the gallaxy. Interstellar devine interesant nițel la urmă, dar din știință o dă-n cronica Akasha, iar celălat... un raton vorbitor? Mai bine îl puneau pe Shrek. N-am văzut porcării mai mari în materie, de la Flash Gordon încoace. :facepalm: Pe bune, ce să văd și eu și să fie Film SF digerabil? Ca fan al seriilor Star Trek și Star Wars, sunt la zi, deci nu dintre acestea... poate altceva? Oricum, Star Wars a luat-o pe arătură, păcat că la StarTrek s-au oprit, erau drăguțe noile lung metraje.

Serialul The Expanse. Dar trebuie să-i acorzi atenție pentru că este foarte condensat.

Am văzut The Expanse cap-coadă (cu ocazia nopților nedormite de ținut bebe în sling pe piept). Alternează între SF de acțiune și telenovelă SF. Ia-l cu răbdare, povestea e interesantă, iar unii actori joacă chiar bine. La un moment dat am crezut că au lăsat o codiță de poveste abandonată, dar lucrurile s-au legat câteva episoade mai încolo. Totul din ce apare pe ecran are relevanță. Trebuie văzut cu subtitrări, fiindcă uneori limbajul și accentul coloniștilor e suficient de deviat față de engleză pentru a înțelege integral conversația.

Comparațiile cu Star Trek nu sunt realiste. Rolurile din serialul ăla erau impersonarea unor tipologii de caracter - unul era altruistul, altul era justițiarul, unul era the brain, altul fustangiul simpatic, etc. Nu prea o să mai vezi așa ceva (fără să fie groaznic de plictisitor și cu impresie de deja vu / copycat ieftin).

Am început de probă Future Man, am rezistat cu greu prin primul episod și parțial al doilea.

Am început Fear of the Walking Dead, cred că am văzut 3 sau 4 episoade azi-noapte și încă nu pot să mă pronunț. Nu mi-a dat motive să-l abandonez, dar au fost deja câteva momente de „you dense motherfuckers, n-ați mai citit vreodată de zombies, n-ați mai văzut filme cu undead, ce e așa de greu să faceți rapid o presupunere despre ce se întâmplă, chiar așa de oblivious sunteți?!”.

:facepalm:

Thor îl tot numește pe Rocket "rabbit" și în Endgame când tot Asgardul îl fugărea pe Rocket cu "stop that rabbit" a fost genial :biggrin:

Apropos, ăla este iepure :biggrin:
Înseamnă că tu ești un viezure (ai și rădăcini dacice). :hihi:
Deci, sunt mai multe părți. Măcar să știu.
Am cumpărat :biggrin: deja Arrival, diseară dăm video, că nu-i nici prea lung. :majoreta:

Thor îl tot numește pe Rocket "rabbit" și în Endgame când tot Asgardul îl fugărea pe Rocket cu "stop that rabbit" a fost genial :biggrin:

Vorbește lumea! :wink: Și mie îmi mai zice câteodată nevasta "puișor". :hihi:

Arrival? Dar sa nu începi cu întrebări după. :tongue:
Idei interesante în film. Nicio întrebare. E relativ ușor de pătruns. :wink:
În orice caz, dacă va exista vreodată (puțin probabil) un first contact, în niciun caz nu va arăta așa. Oricum, a evoluat (?) nițel percepția inconștientului colectiv... de la simfoniile (gen Anatol Vieru) ale ET-lor lui Spielberg la cercurile de fum de acum...
PS: relativ plicticos.

Back